Well, life as a mom consists of lots and lots of laundry. David changed Josiah's diaper and dressed him for the day yesterday morning, and ten minutes later the little guy had a blow-out. Other moms know exactly what I'm talking about! The outfit got put to soak in some Biz water (hurray for Biz!), Josiah was redressed, and we were good to go. It also happened to be laundry day, so I figured I had gotten the best of the situation. This morning, I tried dressing Josiah in the same outfit (now clean), figuring he couldn't blow out two days in a row. He was very good in that aspect, but, he did spit up all over me a little before the kids and I left to do some errands. No problem- a new top and I was good to go. Figuring that Josiah had already spit up at home, I left his burp cloth in the car when I put him in the front carrier at the store, and we started our laps. I say laps because we went to a Super Wal-Mart. That's the place to shop when you have two toddlers and a baby in tow, and you need both grocery items, diapers, and household items. I do laps at Super Wal-Mart because even when every item on my list is put down in orderly fashion, I'll still inadvertently walk past a couple of things once or twice, requiring me to circle back to find it later. of course, I'm also reminding Silas to sit down, and sit down again, and don't smush the grapes, and that I'd rather he not build a tower in the cart with the strawberries and blueberries, and for Amelie to turn around and fold her hands and get some self-control because Silas doesn't like her putting her hands in his hair, and well, that's how it goes! It's my post-baby exercise routine. Of course, part way through our first lap, Josiah was sucking on his fingers and gagged himself. End result? He doused both of us with nice, smelly spit-up. So we finished our laps a little damp and a little smelly, and now at home my recently emptied laundry hamper is filling up quickly. Thankfully, we live in the age of electric washing machines and indoor plumbing, and so goes on the day in the life of a mom!


No comments:
Post a Comment